Nowadays, I used mostly linux as my primary desktop at home and I love it. Ubuntu as Linx distro. I have a dual boot with Windows 8.1 But in coming future, I would like to remove Windows 8.1 and use just Linux 🙂 As you guys, some software (mostly Microsoft software), you need to have Windows to run..
Therefore, for my backup plan, I will install VM Workstation on my ubuntu so I can install Windows on it.
To install VM Ware Workstation 10 on Ubuntu 12.04, you need :
1. sudo access
2. Workstation 10 bundle file
3. Internet connection
4. Basic linux knowledge
Open terminal and move to the file location folder.
1. Change the bundle file permission to 755 :
chmod 755 VMware-Workstation-Full-10.0.0-1295980.x86_64.bundle
2. Install the essential files :
sudo apt-get install build-essential
3. Install the bundle :
4. Follow the setup popup on the screen : User, Location to install, Licence Agreement, Licence Key, Share port…
5. Once finish, you can run vmware without any problem.
If you have any question, please let me know.
Disclaimer: All work shared in this post is property of IT Secure Net